The Stag & Hounds
One of Bristol’s most historic pubs, it was built originally in 1483, probably as a private house. However the current building is predominantly from the early 18th century when it was a Public house and it has been partly rebuilt in the 1960s, and refurbished in 1987.
The court of Piepowders (a special court that met to deal with matters arising during a market or fair) met at this site since Norman times and continues inside the inn until 1870.
74 Old Market Street,
+44 (0)117 927 6367